Blog edited by Dr. Pablo Marín García,
I am a Bioinformatician at Sanger Institute and European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, UK.
My preferred …
- programming language: perl 5.10 (with catalyst, moose, ORM etc)
- SQL server: MySQL
- Operating system: Debian
- text editor: Emacs -nw
- Desktop manager: I hate them at work (I use rsync-rxvt-emacs) I am an ASCII-only geek
- versioning system: git and subversion
- genome browser: EnsEMBL and my home-made ones
- genomic data source: EnsEMBL
- bioinfo API: bioperl, EnsEMBL and my own ones.
- web browser: firefox with foxy-proxy, webdeveloper, scribefire, firebug plugins